January is finally almost over, and it’s been cold, cold, cold in NYC! I feel as though I ought to be posting photos of burly parkas and fleece-lined boots instead of the little wisps I have ready for you readers today!
Above is a gorgeous crossbody bag that I would love to own…and very soon! There is a great everyday feel to it but the gold adds a splash of excitement without being gaudy.
Now onto the main list…
To wear in the chilly weather, perhaps while dining at a Parisienne cafe watching street traffic and channeling the jazz age, all the while indulging in a gin fizz or old-fashioned:
Digging the hot air balloon leggings…it reminds me of old-time carousels and gaslight fantasy novels.
For the 9-5 job:
Cute textured flip skirt from C. Luce…
Geometric-shaped crossbody from Danielle Nicole…it screams sophisticated work bag…and appears large enough to hold all my devices and other traveling items without being bulky.
Loving this Sachin & Babi knit top…my office is pretty casual but if we only had casual Fridays, this top would fit the bill of sassy and fun, and still seem appropriate.
More to come in February…probably lots of swim and resort wear plus travel gear as I prep for my big trip to Australia and Hawaii!
Photo credits (top to bottom): luvocracy.com; etsy.com; etsy.com; piperlime.com; piperlime.com; piperlime.com
I’m getting really excited for all the new book releases in 2013 but I wanted to take a moment to document the still unread books from my current to-read list. Some of these titles have been waiting for me to read them for almost a year; others are new. I plan to make a point to read each of these books this year. Fortunately, I have a number of trips planned so I’ll have some great reading (I hope!) for the plane and any moments of quiet I can find in the midst of exploring other cities.
1. In the Garden of Iden (The Company series) by Kage Baker
2. The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress
3. Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles) by Suzanne Lazear
4. Touch of Steel: A Novel of Clockwork Agents by Kate Cross
5. The Woman in Black: A Ghost Story by Susan Hill
6. His Majesty’s Dragon (Temeraire, Book 1) by Naomi Novik
7. The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
8. Blood Rights by Kristen Painter
9. The Native Star by M. K. Hobson
10. Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
11. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
12. Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
***Books are listed in no particular reading order.